Associate Director, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) (Vienna or Krems)
What are you going to do
As an EHS Associate Director you provide leadership and technical guidance in order to develop, implement, maintain and improve continuously the Environmental, Safety and Health Management System in order to guarantee full compliance with legal requirements and our client's corporate standards.
Your responsibilities will include the management of site EHS programs, including routine assessments, facilitating corrective measures as necessary and anticipating program needs based on relevant business conditions and developments, effectively leading a team of EHS professionals and ensuring facility compliance with local, Austrian and corporate standards and guidelines.
Other tasks will be ensuring an effective implementation and maintenance of tailored site-level EHS programs including the recognition and reporting of any potential deficient situations/conditions with appropriate corrective actions, interacting and communicating with corporate EHS, Compliance, Quality Assurances, Technical Services, Engineering, Manufacturing, Research & Development and Distribution representatives and working with local, country, and corporate representatives in conducting and completing audits and corrective actions.
On top of that you will ensure the improvement and implementation of site-specific environmental, health and safety training to meet facility needs; including regulatory and best management practices, conduct proper investigations to determine root cause for all facility incidents, spills, accidents, near misses, and injuries to prevent recurrence, coordinate proper handling and disposition of facility waste materials and advise management on upcoming environmental, health and safety regulations.
What is offered to you
- A salary up to 100k per year
- Bonus which is not included in the salary
- Mobile phone
- Cafeteria with daily house cooked and fresh meals
- Own company doctor
- Discounts for confectioneries, pharmacies, fitness clubs
- Flexible working hours
- Support for moving to Vienna or Krems
What is expected of you?
- Minimum 3 years of leader experience
- Experience in the EHS sector (chemical industry, pharma industry, etc.)
- Documented knowledge of Austrian EHS laws and regulatory framework; robust skills interpreting and applying regulatory framework
- Fluent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of German (reading and answering Emails, no requirement of speaking)
- Advantageous: Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Advantageous: Relevant professional certifications (e.g. "Sicherheitsfachkraft")
- For Krems: a valid driver's license and a car is required
Where are you going to work?
Our client is one of the top Animal Health companies in the world, providing a broad product range, with locations in more than 50 countries and marketed products in more than 140 countries. They have a strong network of manufacturing and R&D facilities.
Learn more or apply directly?
Then apply now and send me your CV including mentioning the job position to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me under +43 (0)720 815 629. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Vienna or Krems
100.000,00 € - 101.000,00 € /Jahr