Agencija Posao.ba is in charge of the recruitment process for the position
General Manager in Swissôtel Sarajevo
Hotel description: New 218-rooms urban resort scheduled to open in early 2018. Situated next to Bosnian Parliament, within the expansive mixed use Sarajevo City Center project, consisting of shopping mall and office tower with 30,000 daily visitors, Swissôtel Sarajevo will enjoy a commanding downtown commercial and residential location, as a new landmark for Sarajevo, close to top attractions and Sarajevo International Airport.
Interiors are designed by Scott Brownrigg Associates, a leading UK hotel design firm with extensive experience in high end hotel development across Europe, hotel will offer scenic all-glass views of the downtown and mountains, stunning guestrooms featuring spacious bedrooms. Completing the guest experience will be a private executive club, three exquisite dining outlets, the brand’s signature Pürovel Spa & Sport, and 500 square meters (5,300 square feet) of indoor meeting space with function areas. More information on www.swissotel.com - www.accorhotels.com
- Minimum of 5 years’ operational management experience in luxury hotels’ operations.
- Demonstrated results-driven leadership.
- Reliable, organized and pro-active with strong communications skills.
- Western Europe or Middle East experience is preferable.
- Fluent English is a must; other languages would be an asset.
- Pre-opening experience is a plus.
Reporting to the Owner, the General Manager oversees the day to day operations of the hotel in accordance with company standards, mission statement, vision and values. The maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction and Brand colleague’s development is an integral part of the position. Furthermore, it is essential to assist in the development and communication of strategies, goals and objectives as well as the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotels while, managing, growing and fostering positive owner relations and maximizing performance.
Areas of Responsibility
- Employee engagement
- Competitive business growth
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- CREATING THE FUTURE
- LIVING THE BRAND
- Prior 5+ years experience in luxury hotel management essential
- Strong match with Accorhotels Inspiring Leader capability framework
- Strong Educational background
- Fluent in English (+ local language optional)
- Understanding/experience of union relations – where applicable
- Experience with owner’s relationship
- Must be strategic, creative and able to clearly communicate how plans will deliver on overall goals
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Adaptable & flexible with the capacity to set high goals and standards for the smooth operation
- Effective management style, hands-on and approachable
- Bottom-line oriented with emphasis on quality guest-service and team-building
About Al Shiddi International
Since its establishment in 1975, Al Shiddi International from Riyadh is one of the prominent investment companies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with an extensive portfolio of investments locally and globally featuring financial services, real estate, agriculture, manufacturing, industrial and retails.
About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Conveniently located where travellers want to be, Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of more than 30 top locations worldwide, where they can confidently explore the very best each destination has to offer. For more information or reservations, please visit swissotel.com.
AccorHotels is a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and residences, as well as in over 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe. Benefiting from dual expertise as an investor and operator through its HotelServices and HotelInvest divisions, AccorHotels operates in 95 countries. Its portfolio comprises internationally acclaimed luxury brands including Raffles, Sofitel Legend, SO Sofitel, Sofitel, Fairmont, onefinestay, MGallery by Sofitel, Pullman, and Swissôtel; as well as the popular midscale and boutique brands of 25hours, Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter and Adagio; the much-prized economy brands including JO&JOE, ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget and the regional brands Grand Mercure, The Sebel and hotelF1. With an unmatched collection of brands and rich history spanning close to five decades, AccorHotels, along with its global team of more than 250,000 dedicated women and men, has a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome.
If you share our passion for hospitality, dare to go further, have the spirit of conquest and meet the mentioned qualifications, apply now using this LINK. In case you have some questions before you apply, please feel free to contact our recruiter at +387 33 58 63 04.