JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TO ENGINEER THE NEXT LEVEL BIG DATA DATABASE
Location: Berlin, Dornbirn, Remote
Are you inspired by open source and an agile work environment?
We are looking for experienced engineers who will contribute to building a new breed of database: a distributed SQL database, aimed at Big Data, that is massively scalable and dead simple to use.
Our company was built in 2013 with the vision of developing a database which is great for users, developers and, most importantly, for back-end services that truly scale. Traditional databases don’t offer this; we’re building the solution!
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Crate.io you will work in small, agile teams and directly impact the future of the product. Our engineers are versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. Our teams enjoy a great deal of freedom and love to take responsibility for the things they create, which is also supported by our company-wide use of Scrum.
If this sounds like the work environment you want to work in we’d love to hear from you!
We are a deep tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria) and Berlin. Remote locations are possible.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Meet new like-minded and friendly people with international backgrounds
- Be part of awesome team events and smaller activities with your local team
- A result-driven environment that allows you to reach your full potential
- The possibility to immerse yourself in brand new technologies
- Considerable flexibility in all organisational matters
- Great work experience in a renowned and established IT startup
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- An engineering mindset, to include strong proficiency in at least one programming language (Python for example)
- Deep understanding of Linux system internals
- Experience working with API integrations, monitoring/alerting, Azure/AWS infrastructure management, distributed systems, cloud networking and application security
- Familiarity with container-based deployments and Kubernetes
- Instinct to solve problems with quantitative measurement and analysis
- Fluent English
- You are an awesome team player and possess a great deal of cultural and social competence
- Valid work permit for European Union
- Take responsibility for our systems availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning
- Coordinate with product owners to align product objectives to systems metrics
- Design, document, develop systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate away problems
- Work with product development teams to help them avoid, investigate and resolve reliability culprits
- Study, recommend, and deploy off-the-shelf offerings for broad solutions to our systems infrastructure
- Develop systems frameworks for mechanizing application deployments, configuration management and operational activities
- Continuously increase the sophistication of monitoring and reporting of systems metrics
WHAT WE OFFER
- Market-based compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan for longterm employees
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (#2 IOT start-up to watch by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We look forward to hearing from you!